Data Entry Operator
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0349
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: CUPE Local 543
JOB CODE: 543249
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $24.80 - 29.15 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Payroll Administration & Compliance, this position will be responsible for a variety of support and clerical duties including but not limited to keying and verifying data entered for payroll purposes, data such as payroll (salary, hourly). Batches in and writes off jobs when required. Responds to data entry inquiries by phone; enters attendance in PeopleSoft and keeps attendance, banked overtime, and vacation information for the department. Will occasionally research information and compile on spreadsheets to assist in payroll processing. Filing as required. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Must have a minimum stroke speed of 6,000 Keystrokes per hour with 60% Minimum Accuracy (OPAC Testing System);
- Must be proficient in mathematical calculations;
- Basic knowledge of accounting procedures will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.