Caseworker - Children's Services - Bilingual
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0392
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 8:30 A.M. to Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 4:30 P.M.
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Children’s Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543545
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $30.65 to 36.05 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Supervisor, Child Care Subsidy, this position will be responsible for completing applications for various classes of child care subsidy assistance;
- Documenting and verifying information;
- Making decisions as to eligibility for child care subsidy;
- Maintaining and organizing a subsidy caseload to ensure that legislative requirements are met and service is provided;
- Identifying customer needs and making appropriate referrals;
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with customers and other staff members.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year University Degree in the Social Sciences or Social Work field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a Social Services setting;
- Must be a mature person who can demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs and who has a good knowledge of Social Services and/or Early Childhood Education;
- Must be Bilingual (French & English);
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.