JOB POSTING #: 2022-0376
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543077
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $31.78 - $37.39 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor, this position purchases goods, services, and equipment and is responsible for the related clerical duties for administrative purposes, in accordance with the Purchasing By-law.
- Integrates purchases with other service areas when possible;
- prepares and maintains commercial and technical specifications for major purchases and volume items purchased on a regular basis, and selects method of procurement as required;
- issues requests for tenders, quotations or proposals;
- prepares bid summaries and evaluates and recommends for award;
- interviews sales representatives and suppliers to keep abreast with market conditions;
- negotiates with vendors as required; liaises with civic business units and government agencies;
- Will assist in establishing and maintaining the vendor management system;
- Administers the City of Windsor Purchasing Card program including cardholder training and educational sessions, and assists and updates authorized and approved users of the purchasing card, including updating policies and procedures and ancillary forms;
- Administers and maintains the contract management and performance measurement system.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus two (2) years of post secondary education from a Community College or University in the field of Finance/Accounting, Business, Office or Management or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over three (3) years of purchasing experience such as obtaining quotes, dealing with vendors, writing and/or administering tenders;
- Must have or be working towards an accredited program leading to a designation in a Purchasing Program with the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (P.M.A.C.) or the Ontario Public Buyers Association (O.P.B.A.);
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Suite of Products including Word, Excel and Scheduler;
- Must be capable of maintaining good relations with the public and other employees at all times;
- PeopleSoft functional experience would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.