JOB POSTING #: 2024-0023
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, January 12, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Monday, January 22, 2024 at 4:30 PM
JOB CODE: NU0372
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time ; Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2 (1 RFT; 1 TFT)
RATE OF PAY: $102,366.34 to $124,427.58 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Projects, or designate, this position will be responsible for the administration and management of specific, individual, new corporate building development projects and other non-building development projects of Corporate significance. Will serve as project lead, either individually or in a multi-function team, for specific corporate projects of high dollar value, substantial complexity and/or significant Corporate and/or community impact; negotiate and make recommendations on agreements with respect to property acquisition, professional services, building development, senior government assistance, public/private partnerships, design/build arrangements and other project related matters; Will prepare specific project budgets and monitor revenues and expenditures on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance with the approved budgets; undertakes research, reviews and feasibility studies and prepares technical, financial and other reports respecting corporate projects; liaises with consultants, Provincial and Federal government officials, railway companies, utility companies and other agencies as needed; Organizes, attends and leads public information meetings to provide information to the public and stakeholders and answers questions; conducts media interviews; Will be required to travel to off-site project locations. Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties are required.
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Business, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible work experience in project management, construction management, municipal government operations or in a related field; OR
- Must have a University Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Business, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible work experience in project management, construction management, municipal government operations or in a related field; OR
- Must have a Community College Diploma in Engineering, Architecture, or Business, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible work experience in project management, construction management, municipal government operations or in a related field;
- Must have a designation as a Professional Engineer and/or a professional accounting designation (CPA/CA, CPA/CGA, CPA/CMA) and/or Licensed Architect designation (OAA) and/or a Project Management Professional designation;
- Must possess well-developed written and oral communication skills, and interpersonal skills to maintain effective relations with government officials, community agencies, stakeholder groups, the general public and municipal staff;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have acquired skills in reading and interpreting construction drawings;
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program;
- Progression through the Art of Supervision certificate of a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset;
- Completion of urban design courses/projects will be considered an asset;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation