Mortgage and Ownership Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0022
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, January 16, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543047
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $25.39 - $29.90 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Property Valuation & Administration, this position will be responsible to update and maintain property ownership and mailing address changes and update and maintain Mortgage Company code changes and mortgage listings;
- Responsible for the preparation and mailing of the tax billing mortgage listings to the various mortgage companies and multiple property owners;
- Responsible for processing all payments received from the various mortgage companies and multiple property owners including reconciliation of the payments;
- Assist in the insertions and mailing of Interim & Final Tax Demands;
- Backup to tax customer service clerks in receiving the public at the public service counter and answer telephone tax inquiries;
- Dealing with inquiries from the public to exchange or discuss existing information in accordance with current policies and procedures;
- Process tax payments, adding and balancing tax payment tapes and typing;
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program;
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education from a Community College in Accounting or Business Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a related field (such as in a computerized accounting environment);
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be capable of dealing with the general public, lawyers and co-workers in a tactful and courteous manner;
- Knowledge of the Municipal Act as it relates to property taxation and/or enrolment in the Municipal Taxation Administration Program considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.