Transportation Planning Engineer
JOB POSTING: 2023-0300
JOB POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, July 24, 2023 at 4:30 PM
JOB CODE: NU0320
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $90,190.83 - $109,628.05 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
Reporting to the Transportation Planning Senior Engineer, this position will be responsible for a variety of engineering assignments and assist on Corporate Special Projects relative to the Engineering Department including, but not limited to, the technical work associated with the Transportation Planning Division. Will carry out various engineering assignments, which involve the technical designs and preparation of specifications, cost estimates, and tender documents for the construction of bicycle facilities, parking lots, Roadway Functional and Geometric Design, Corporate Special Projects and related assignments. Must represent the Corporation and liaise with City Departments, Consultants, Contractors and other agencies during the construction of assigned projects. Responsible for the co-ordination of projects through the Environmental Assessment (EA) Process, for both Consultant directed studies (including the preparation of request for proposals) and internally researched and authored studies, including the organization of public meetings. Will be responsible for implementing and coordinating all aspects of the Active Transportation Master Plan (ATMP). Negotiates and recommends agreements and arrangements with other local, provincial and federal agencies, businesses and non-governmental organizations for funding for implementation of ATMP. Prepares, monitors and recommends expenditures from the Current and Capital Budgets for EA and ATMP initiatives as well as liaising with, and making recommendations to, the appropriate departments regarding Infrastructure Asset Management. Participates in presentations and discussions at Public meetings. As assigned, will co-ordinate the work activities of support staff. Will liaise and maintain cordial relations with various divisions of the Engineering Department, as well as other Departments, the public, various committees and other agencies in the performance of assigned duties. Will be required to travel to off-site meetings and attend various job sites. Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety program. Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a University Degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental or related), or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, and must have a minimum of six (6) years of progressively responsible municipal engineering experience;
- Must be a member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario OR Must be a registered EIT and eligible to obtain P.Eng Licence within two years of date of hire.
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have direct experience in the administration of the Environmental Assessment Process.
- Must have project administration experience.
- Must have proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with City Representatives, other agencies and the general public. Supervisory skills would be considered an asset.
- Must have experience in a computerized environment, including MS Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with work.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.