JOB POSTING #: 2023-0226
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Asset Planning
JOB CODE: NU0545
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $81,348.57 - $98,880.32 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager, Asset Planning, this position will be responsible for City-wide development and support of Asset Management strategies, practices and concepts as well as research, grant submissions, and development of corresponding internal policies and procedures.
- At the Corporate level, holds the role of Project Manager and is responsible for developing, facilitating and leading practices across the departments, related to the implementation of best practice asset management tools and approaches including:
- Triple Bottom Line approaches (ensuring balanced consideration of economical/financial, social and environmental aspects- linked to long term sustainability), Level of service definition;
- Applying whole life costing principles;
- Developing and communicating the Asset Management Plan;
- Assessing and managing risks;
- Understanding the root cause of asset or system failures or incidents;
- Development of business processes related to Asset Management;
- Define asset information requirements;
- Make appropriate Asset Management information available for decision making;
- Assuring the quality of Asset Management processes;
- Monitor and review progress and performance of the City’s Asset Management Program;
- Research grant opportunities which align with Corporate direction and needs;
- Coordinate and lead appropriate parties in the organization to develop grant submission and execution of documents associated with the submission and/or awarding;
- Development of internal policies and procedures for grants and monitoring of key performance indicators for grants;
- Will also assist in the development of the Corporate Asset Management program and provide coordination of the related project teams (steering, project and task teams) in the implementation of the various Asset Management improvement initiatives;
- Work with the Asset Management networks and participate as necessary in related activities;
- Lead the change process associated with the Asset Management Program;
- Facilitate City-wide Asset Management development, progress reporting and benefits tracking as well as coordinate internal and external benchmarking of Asset Management practices and concepts;
- Facilitate the communication process as it relates to Asset Management for internal and external stakeholders;
- Facilitate skills and competency development for staff across the City;
- Provide assistance and advice to the Corporate Energy Initiatives Division;
- Participate in the development of the annual Corporate Asset Management Plans for Capital Budget;
- Negotiate agreements with consultants, contractors and service providers as required;
- Participate in Asset Management development at the regional and national level through involvement in professional associations and conferences;
- Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program;
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Planning or Engineering or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) year’s experience in a managerial, leadership, or project management position. OR
- Must have a post secondary school community College diploma in Business Administration, Finance or Engineering or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of six (6) year’s experience in a managerial, leadership, or project management position.
- Must have the ability to travel to offsite locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have very good understanding of leading Asset Management practices and concepts.
- Must have strong research skills.
- Must be familiar with municipal business processes and associated legal/regulatory requirements.
- Must have experience writing business plans (strategic and tactical).
- Must have managerial experience demonstrating team leadership.
- Must have experience in successful implementation of major and complex change projects.
- Must have demonstrable experience in the application of business and management principles to the management of assets.
- Must have demonstrable experience leveraging technology to enable asset knowledge management.
- Must be able to manage and motivate a diverse staff of professionals.
- Must be able to interpret a complicated problem/solution and explain it in non-technical terms.
- Must have good written, oral communication and facilitation skills.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.