Supervisor of Purchasing
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0027
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, January 17, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, January 30, 2023 at 4:30 PM
JOB CODE: NU0102
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $81,348.57 - $98,880.32 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this position will be responsible for the coordination of the Corporation’s centralized purchasing function.
- Responsible for coordination of the efficient procurement of goods and services for the Corporation;
- Coordinates the formal tendering process including preparation, review, specifications, Council Reports, advertising, bonding, insurance certificates and record maintenance;
- Responsible for supervision of union personnel in the purchasing department;
- Coordinates and negotiates the implementation of various systems contracts and other innovative techniques for the purchase of goods and services;
- Interviews sales representatives and coordinates the research, analysis and demonstration of new products and services;
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and monitor ongoing expenditures/revenues and service delivery; Prepare reports to Chief Administrative Officer and Windsor City Council as they related to Corporate procurement initiatives;
- Coordinates the sale and disposal of all surplus and obsolete equipment in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures;
- Assists in the maintenance and ongoing review of the Corporation’s Purchasing By-law and assists in the development and review of purchasing policies, procedures and processes;
- Participates as a member of evaluation teams relative to RFP’s and/or tenders;
- Liaises with PeopleSoft Management Team relative to Purchasing Module updates and modifications;
- Coordinates the maintenance and operation of the FLEET Inventory System for the Public Works Service Area;
- Liaises with Departments regarding questions of proper purchasing protocol and procedures;
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University Degree in Business Administration, Law or Engineering or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum 2 years of experience in purchasing, in a supervisory environment;
- OR must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, combined with a community College diploma in Business Administration, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and minimum 4 years of experience in purchasing, preferably in a supervisory environment;
- Must hold a Purchasing Management Association of Canada certification (PMAC) or an Ontario Public Buyers Association certification (OPBA)Super
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have sound knowledge of purchasing concepts including tendering, supplier negotiations, contract administration and project management;
- Must have progressive experience in a computerized financial office environment, preferably in a municipal or public sector environment;
- Must possess strong problem solving, written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Products (i.e. Word and Excel);Must be capable of maintaining good relations with the public and other employees at all times;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program.
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of FLEET Anywhere and PeopleSoft Purchasing Module considered a definite asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.