JOB POSTING #: 2023-0337
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, August 23, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543050
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $24.80 - $29.15 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Accounting Services, this position will perform clerical functions and accounting duties;
- Processes some Finance and some Public Works invoices for payment, including Progress Certificates under the Construction Act;
- Enters new vendor and vendor change requests for Finance;
- Assists in identification, analysis and resolution of invoice problems;
- Inputs departmental purchase requisitions;
- Responsible for journal entries such as year-end accruals and related reversals;
- Participates in various procurement activities including working with Purchasing on tenders for the department i.e. forms, envelopes, shredding service, etc.;
- May use SPO’s and be involved in RFQ’s for Finance;
- Coordinates the Canada Post and Purolator Courier Contracts for the Corporation;
- Sorts and distributes incoming departmental mail and prepares outgoing departmental mail;
- Orders and maintains inventory of departmental office supplies and equipment;
- Sorts, records and lifts files;
- Works with departmental staff regarding files to be allocated for destruction or kept in storage in compliance with the Corporation’s most current record retention by-law;
- Seals and organizes the corporate payroll stubs and various corporate communications for distribution in a time sensitive, confidential and accurate manner;
- Updates distribution lists and departmental contact and pick up lists. Inputs and retrieves information from computer when requested i.e. various departmental schedules;
- Logs the Corporation’s performance bonds and secures them in the departmental vault;
- Must maintain amiable relations with the public and fellow staff;
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program;
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in Accounting, Business, or Finance from a Community College or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized accounting environment;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 w.p.m.;
- Must have sound working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Products, particularly WORD and EXCEL;
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium level of work.
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.