Resource Centre Greeter
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0219
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543264
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $25.39 to $29.90 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
- Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will assist people in their independent job search;
- offer guidance and instruction in the use of the Computerized Workstations, Internet, Job Bank Kiosks, and the Resource Library located in the Windsor Employment Resource Centre.
- Direction is provided by the Resource Centre Greeter regarding the most appropriate organization that job seekers should access for enhanced employment search assistance.
- General inquiries that are most often addressed by the Resource Centre Greeter are those regarding Social Insurance Numbers, Birth Certificates, Citizenship and Immigration, Passport Acquisition, Ontario Health Insurance, Employment Insurance, and Social Services Assistance.
- Appropriate direction is given to customers seeking the assistance of the partners located in the Resource Centre that includes the Federal Income Support Programs, Youth Employment Services, Profiles, Windsor Social Services and Human Resources Development Canada.
- The Resource Centre Greeter provides Employers with information such as how to place a job order, how to hire a worker from a foreign country or how to access labour market information.
- It is the function of the Resource Centre Greeter to perform basic troubleshooting tasks concerning the Resource Centre computers and printers i.e. - fill printers with paper, change kiosk printer tapes, and reboot computers when necessary.
- Pamphlet racks and application forms must be maintained and updated by the Resource Centre Greeter.
- Performs Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety Program.
- Will be required to perform other related duties such as faxing documents and photocopying.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience working in a customer service-oriented environment;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Must have excellent oral presentation/communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and consultative skills;
- Experience working in a computerized office environment and having operating knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Applications such as Word would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.