JOB POSTING: 2024-0033
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Monday, January 22, 2024 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543111
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $27.03 - $31.76 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Traffic Operations, Parking and Transportation Planning, this position will be responsible for a wide variety of duties which include, but are not limited to, the following: Prepares payroll for the Traffic Operations Division; generates budget reports, prepares and inputs preliminary budgets and capital works projects, and reviews quarterly variance reports for the Division; provides authorization authority for all journal entries; prepares journal entries; creates invoices for accounts receivable; processes job summaries for accident recoveries; initiates and processes payments for accounts payable; processes all divisional requisitions; processes and maintains database for cash deposit slips for daily parking revenues; reconciles bank deposit slips; administers and processes vouchers; maintains and updates overtime records for Division; maintains the PeopleSoft inventory including performing stock putaways and stock issuance; assist in performing the annual physical count; maintains and updates locate data base for Division; maintains petty cash; prepares travel and business expense vouchers for the Operations Department; prepares and vouchers all progress certificates for capital works projects; monitors and ensures general ledger and inventory account balances; performs all year end closeout activities; prepares and processes various administrative forms; answers numerous telephone calls and assigns calls to service crews when required; completes various typing assignments for the Division; communicates with public and fellow staff members in a tactful and courteous manner. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus two (2) years of post-secondary education in an Accounting or Financial program from a Community College or University, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized accounting office environment;
- Must have good communication and organizational skills;
- Must be proficient in using the MS Office suite of products, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Must be capable of working with the public in an efficient, helpful and tactful manner;
- Experience using PeopleSoft HRMS and Financials would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.