Parking Maintenance Staff
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0354
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations - Traffic Operations & Parking
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543199
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $23.62 to $27.79 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: Yes
Reporting to the Coordinator, Parking Services, this position inspects, repairs and maintains parking meters; Maintains parking garage gates and ticket dispensers, including replenishing tickets; Collects all parking fees, including the labelling of coin cans and the maintenance of related documentation; Performs Parking Garage maintenance duties, including sweeping, washing and cleaning of all parts of the facility; Maintains off street parking facilities; Changes broken gate arms and makes minor repairs to all structural components such as windows, floors, doors, stairs, plumbing and wiring; Performs winter control duties including snow removal and salt/sand application; Performs Parking Garage security duties such as regular patrols, response to incidents, the monitoring of vehicular utilization, and the provision of assistance to the public to ensure patron safety; Maintains daily logs and reports as required; maintains amiable relations with public and fellow staff; Must travel to various areas of the City to perform the duties of the position. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a meter repair or related environment;
- Must hold and maintain a current, valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have proven mechanical aptitude for meter repair and maintenance;
- Must have knowledge of Windows 7;
- Must be bondable;
- Must be available to work the following shifts:
- 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- 12:00 Midnight – 8:30 am
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium to heavy level of work.
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.