JOB POSTING #: 2023-0374
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543057
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $26.70 – $31.37 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Manager of Financial Accounting, this position will be responsible for the tracking, troubleshooting and posting of all departments’ AMANDA cashiering batches to ensure a smooth and timely month end close; This position will also perform bank reconciliations of several specialized bank accounts as well as reconciliation and balancing of payroll transactions; Additional duties include the daily monitoring of clearing cheques to ensure accuracy, reverse revenue as needed and assess charges for NSF cheques; Serve as key banking contact in several accounts payable and payroll remittance procedures; Provide additional assistance and backup for the Financial Reconciliation Clerks, as necessary; Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program; Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus two (2) years of post-secondary education from a Community College in Business or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized Accounting/Financial environment;
- Must have a sound working knowledge of computer systems, including the Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Outlook, Word, and Excel);
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work without detailed direction or close supervision and have the ability to interpret written instructions;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.