Library Service Representative
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0313 AMENDED
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, September 13, 2023 at 9:00 AM to Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 5:00PM
DEPARTMENT: Windsor Public Library
UNION: CUPE LOCAL 2067.1
JOB CODE: WPL001
POSITION STATUS: Regular Part-Time
GRADE/CLASS: Group 9
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $24.52 to $30.32 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
HOURS OF WORK: 14 hours per week
Reporting to the Manager of Public Services or designate, the Library Service Representative will maintain the daily operation of the library, as part of a team.The successful applicant will assist customers with reference and readers’ advisory, circulation functions, and programming.Will be required to deliver programmes for all ages.Will provide troubleshooting for hardware and software issues.May monitor and request supplies. May be required to supervise pages and volunteers.May participate in establishing and developing partnerships with the community.Other duties will include securing property, including locking and unlocking library buildings. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate from a three (3) year university program, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency.
- Must have over six (6) months experience in a customer service environment.
- Must have effective interpersonal, conflict resolution, time management, and organizational skills.
- Will work within a team environment, and must be flexible in the acceptance of assignments and change of tasks, as well as have the ability to work at all Windsor Public Library locations, as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Fluency in a language or languages reflecting the cultural diversity of Windsor will be considered an asset.
- Certification as a Library Technician will be considered an asset.
- Library experience would be considered as asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.