Book Buddy Coordinator - WPL
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0395
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, November 30, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, December 7, 2022 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Windsor Public Library
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 2067.1
JOB CODE: WPL023
POSITION STATUS: Regular Part-time
GRADE/CLASS: Group 7
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $22.20 - $27.43 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to the Manager of Public Services or designate, the Book Buddy Coordinator is responsible for the Book Buddy Program, supervising volunteers and matching buddies.
- The successful applicant will provide program information to potential volunteers and conduct orientation sessions with new volunteers.
- Will register children for the program and maintain a waiting list.
- Will match children with volunteers by contacting parents and volunteers to arrange and schedule meetings.
- Will be responsible for scheduling and monitoring attendance of the child and volunteer.
- Will maintain a volunteer master file and tabulate monthly statistics and signing volunteer timesheets. Will provide resources requested by volunteers.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a two (2) year Community College diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months experience in a customer service environment;
- Must have excellent organizational skills;
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) for record keeping and report creation;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Background in Social Services or Early Childhood Education would be considered an asset;
- Bilingual (French & English) would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.