Fire & Rescue Clerk - Administration
JOB POSTING #: 2024-0031
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Monday, January 29, 2024 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Fire & Rescue Services
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $2,535.64 - $2,786.14 bi-weekly
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Administrative Assistant, this position will be responsible for a variety of clerical and administrative duties pertaining to the Fire & Rescue Division.
- Advanced levels of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint are utilized which would include, but are not limited to the preparation and processing of all correspondence, notices, orders, Standard Operating Procedures and safety alerts;
- schedule and record minutes of meetings;
- telephone and counter reception, provide clerical support to the Assistant Chief’s office, create and run various reports including personnel, attendance, time off, etc.;
- process and distribute mail, schedule meetings, attendance management and absence co-ordinator for all Divisions, process WSIB claims, update and maintain personnel records;
- input rostering information;
- prepare incremental and annual performance appraisal forms.
- Will provide support and serve as Emergency Operation Center/Command Post scribe as required.
- The position is subject to overtime call back in the event of a large scale emergency situation, regardless of the time of day.
- Responsible to cross train on all clerical positions within the Department and provide coverage as required.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in Office Administration or Business from a Community College or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency.
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of Products such as advanced levels in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class G Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must be proficient in word processing with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills as well as strong public relations and organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have previous experience working with and recording minutes.
- Must have knowledge of municipalities, townships and communities within the County of Windsor/Essex;
- Must have judgment abilities to answer inquiries from program managers, the public, partner agencies, clients and in determining when to refer queries to superiors, peers or partners;
- Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft Financials and HRMS, AMANDA, Crisys, IMS Forms and ICO software will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience working within an emergency environment will be considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light to medium level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff