JOB POSTING #: 2023-0306
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, July 25, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, July 31, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543227
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $25.71 to $30.27 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible to greet the public, obtain information relative to social assistance concerns and address-associated inquiries. Will verify pertinent information and complete/issue various forms. Performs clerical duties as necessary. Will provide general direction and information to clients. Must communicate with the public and fellow staff in a tactful and courteous manner. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
Note: Please be advised that the initial job placement for this posting will be at the Windsor location. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in the Social Services field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a Social Services setting;
- Must be familiar with all facets of the social support services area including related community services;
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Suite of Products;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.