Maintenance Engineer - Carpenter
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0330
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. to Wednesday, August 31, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Parks & Facilities
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543098
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $26.50 to $31.19 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes.
- Reporting to a Supervisor, Facilities or designate, this position will be responsible for carpentry work in various city facilities.
- Performs all duties related to the carpentry trade with respect to preparation, measurements, layout, construction of walls, floors and ceilings, interior and exterior finishing, installation of cabinets, desks, shelving and general repairs in all buildings under the authority of the Parks and Facilities Department(s);
- Occasionally provides cost estimates for various projects; issues pre-signed purchase orders to vendors; signing of delivery slips as required; and writes up work orders as necessary.
- The incumbent will be responsible for the operation of a two-way radio system or mobile phone to relay calls and use the Facility 360 system for departmental repair requests, or external agency facilities requests (work orders).
- Will utilize the following carpentry related tools for the construction, repair and renovation of municipally owned buildings; tools may include table, bank, skill, jigsaws, drills, routers, sanders, various glues and finishes, etc.;
- Carries heavy materials and equipment.
- May be required to work in cramped areas, considerable heights and outside at various times of the year.
- Will be required to operate City-owned van and transport to various destination(s) for project installation.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience as a Carpenter/Cabinet builder;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Will be required to carry heavy materials and tools;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a heavy level of work.
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job;
- Must be able to understand blue prints and construction drawings;
- Must be proficient in the handling of all tools used in the carpentry trade;
- Must have thorough knowledge of building and allied materials;
- Must be able to estimate construction projects.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.