Customer Service Clerk (Transit Windsor)
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0015
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, January 9, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Monday, January 16, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Transit Windsor
UNION: A.T.U. Local 616
POSITION STATUS: Regular Part-Time (up to 24 hours)
# OF POSITIONS: Up to 3
RATE OF PAY: $20.19 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Supervisor, this position will be responsible for selling fare media, including passes, tickets, and gift certificates;
- Maintains a float, completes deposits and balances on a daily basis;
- Provides route, schedule, fare and charter information via telephone, email or at the sales counter at Windsor International Transit Terminal or the Transit Centre;
- Responds to customer complaints, compliments and suggestions through the company Customer Service Request (CSR) program or via email;
- Maintains online database for lost and found items and/or passes; Monitors general delivery voice mail and addresses issues on a priority basis;
- Reconciles monthly pass sales for accounts receivable; Processes sales of Greyhound fare media; Provides information on Greyhound services;
- Produces reports and projects as assigned; cash office balancing; Proofreads drafts of schedules and other printed materials; Responsible for maintaining knowledge of all fare media prices for Transit Windsor and Greyhound, as well as policies and procedures pertaining to customer service and sales;
- Responsible for data input. Responsible to lift items such as cash tray, change box, and boxes. Will perform Corporate Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Canada Labour Code Part II. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have excellent mathematical skills and be proficient in handling money.
- Must be bondable.
- Must be self motivated and willing to work with a limited amount of supervision within a team environment.
- Must have proficient computer skills utilizing the Microsoft Suite of products and be able to multitask.
- Experience in record keeping and office procedures considered an asset.
- May be required to lift 30 lbs.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.