Right-of-Way Permit Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0223
JOB POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Development, Projects & Right-of-Way
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543149
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $29.42- $34.59 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
- Reporting to the Right of Way Supervisor, this position will be responsible for issuing various types of permits under the control of the Office of the City Engineer for work on the right-of-way using the Amanda system;
- Deals with customers and contractors at the counter, accepts applications, reviews drawings, ensures guidelines are met in the permit issuance process;
- Accepts payment (i.e. cash, cheque, credit card) for permit fees;
- Accepts payments for other Corporate transactions;
- Issues indemnity deposit refunds as required using the PeopleSoft financial system and records these refunds in the Amanda system;
- Primary point of contact for sewer replacement policy;
- Initiates processing of sewer information sheets used to obtain information on sewer locations and forwards to engineers and technologists for completion;
- Primary point of contact for 311 service requests;
- Refers 311 calls/service requests to the appropriate staff in the Engineering Department and to the Administrative Inspectors in the Operations Department;
- Maintains and updates Amanda and CSR systems as required;
- Responds to and re-routes telephone inquiries to the appropriate staff in the Engineering Department in a tactful manner;
- Contacts various community agencies regarding infrastructure locations and municipal consents.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in a Civil Engineering, Architectural Technologist or Construction Technologist, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a municipal or related, computerized office and construction environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Outlook, Word and Excel);
- Must have an accurate typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Must have the capacity to retain and relate to a large volume of technical data in various by-laws;
- Must be capable of reading drawings (Engineering and Construction);
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking capabilities, with the ability to meet timelines/deadlines;
- Must maintain good relations with other employees and the public/contractors;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.