Enterprise Support Analyst
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0321
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, August 4, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, August 11, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
UNION: C.U.P.E Local 543
JOB CODE: 543407
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $33.24 - $39.10 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Manager of Enterprise Systems, this position will perform in-depth analysis and support troubleshooting activity for issues related to system processes and interfaces; Respond to Help Desk inquiries relating to the Enterprise Systems to determine root causes and provide resolutions; Log, analyse, test, document and resolve Enterprise Systems issues and provide users with recommended solutions that are consistent with department business processes; Work in conjunction with third party support as well as internal technical resources, corporate departments and other municipalities to resolve issues, improve processes and achieve best practices; Facilitate the migration of data/configuration amongst multiple databases; Assist in the development, deployment and maintenance of interfaces to aid departments in meeting specific business requirements and achieve best practices; Responsible for configuration and maintenance of role-base security and reporting trees and ensuring confidentiality of Payroll, HR, Financial, Violent/Dangerous People and Animal data; Responsible for flow charting business/system processes, preparing, creating, and maintaining security profiles, setting up workflow for users; Research, recommend, coordinate and test new/existing Enterprise System functionality and business processes to Department User Groups; Manage and assist with project activities including performing analysis, gathering requirements, and outlining business rules in a timely basis; responsible for developing, analysing and maintaining design documents, policies and procedures for Enterprise Systems; Administer, design and deliver Enterprise Systems corporate training to end users at all levels of the Corporation; Work with identified individuals (Super Users) to provide advanced training on specific system processes; Responsible for developing agendas, scheduling, and chairing Enterprise System User Group meetings; Attend Enterprise Systems Governance and Managers meetings to represent department user group initiatives and provide input and recommendations on scheduling projects, upgrades, and applying patches/bundles. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary diploma from a Community College in Business Administration or Computer Technology/Science or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over three (3) years of experience working with and supporting an Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) such as PeopleSoft, SAP, JD Edwards, Amanda etc.;
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current, valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have extensive knowledge and working experience with personal computers (hardware, software and applications);
- Must possess strong problem solving skills;
- Must be able to deal calmly and professionally with users;
- Must be able to interpret a complicated problem/solution and explain it in non-technical terms;
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have the ability to train users;
- Amanda and or PeopleSoft functional experience is a definite asset;
- Technical background and an understanding of relational databases is a definite asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.