Executive Initiatives Coordinator (EIC)
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0164
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Friday, May 5, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Human & Health Services
JOB CODE: NU0378
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $89,077.36 to $108,274.62 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
Reporting to the Commissioner, Human & Health Services or designate, the EIC is responsible to provide support services inclusive of research, analysis, planning and policy development, report writing, special project support, issue management and government relations:
- Performs special studies or investigations which require analysis of information (including statistics) in highly sensitive areas, and makes recommendations regarding appropriate action;
- Coordinates large, cross-corporate reports requiring input from various areas in addition to preparing departmental Council reports and other reports and/or studies as required;
- Makes presentations to internal and external groups as required;
- Participates in and supports the full spectrum of Corporate and Community issues;
- Manages issues and problem solves in a wide variety of disciplines;
- Identifies and reports on key issues affecting the organization including political, economic, social, technological and administrative factors;
- Serves as a liaison and works with the three (3) levels of government and other functional service areas, agencies, and external partners on behalf the Commissioner, Human & Health Services or designate;
- Assists in community development activities;
- Supports communication (internal and external) and public relation activities, such as scheduling, organizing and ensuring that project target dates and/or deadlines are met;
- Serves as the link between the strategic leaders and the operational leaders of the Corporation;
- Assists in the development and achievement of strategies within the Corporate Strategic Plan;
- Assists in the implementation of new initiatives;
- Will be involved in Emergency Preparedness and Response for the Corporation as required;
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Arts, Business, Science, Social Sciences, Public Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in the areas of research, analysis and report preparation;
- OR Must have a University degree in Arts, Business, Science, Social Sciences, Public Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of six (6) years experience in the areas of research, analysis and report preparation;
- OR Must have a post secondary school community College Diploma in Arts, Business, Science, Social Sciences, Public Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, and over ten (10) years experience in the areas of research, analysis and report preparation.
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful driver’s license is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have proven leadership qualities and be both self-motivated and a team player.
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have operating knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must exhibit the potential to develop or have demonstrated key competencies inclusive of: community & organizational awareness, political acuity, ingenuity, critical and strategic thinking with the ability/desire to develop others.
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program.
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset.
- Experience in Project Management is considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.