Coordinator, Community Programming & Guest Services 2023-0014
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0014
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, January 12, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture
JOB CODE: NU0555
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $74,291.42 to $90,302.13 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes.
- Reporting to the Supervisor, Community Programming or designate, this position will be responsible for overseeing revenue sources including but not limited to: rentals, events and recreation programs at the designated recreation facility. Maintains the content and graphic design of the facility website, social media, flyers and on-site communications.
- Assists with managing Customer Service comments and feedback via email, Facebook, 311 and on-site.
- Supervises and trains part-time program, birthday party, room rental and customer service staff.
- Oversees payroll and staff recruitment. Assists with budget preparation. Assists in the development of partnership, funding and revenue generating opportunities.
- Tracks and reports on revenues, discounts and usage data.
- Develops survey mechanisms and assessments via focus groups, exit surveys, web-based applications and completes data analysis.
- Will be part of a staff rotation to oversee the operations of the Complex as scheduled.
- May be the first point of contact in emergency or customer service situations.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Recreation, Human Kinetics, Physical Education or Public Administration or other related field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years of experience to gain communication, supervisory, recreation programming and marketing skills;
- OR Must have a Community College diploma in Business, Recreation, Marketing, Communication or other related field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of experience to gain communication, supervisory, recreation programming and marketing skills;
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post secondary school courses in Business, Marketing, Communication or other related field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of six (6) years experience to gain communication, supervisory, recreation programming and marketing skills;
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and over ten (10) years of experience to gain communication, supervisory, recreation programming and marketing skills.
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class G Driver’s License in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and have use of a personal vehicle. Must also provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program;
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of ActiveNet Facility Booking and Registration system is considered an asset;
- Certification in High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development and Quest considered an asset.
- Training and/or certification/designation in web or graphic design including HTML, Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver or related program is considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.