Adult Crossing Guard
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0129
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, December 29, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations
UNION: Crossing Guard Association
JOB CODE: CGA001
# OF POSITIONS: TBD
RATE OF PAY: $20.00 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: Yes
To assist school children safely across city intersections going to and from school. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- You must be at least 16 years of age in order to apply;
- Must be available to work during the Elementary School Calendar (September to June)
- Must possess good oral communication skills;
- Must have the ability to work effectively and with minimum supervision;
- Must have a pleasant and courteous demeanor and demonstrate excellent customer services skills;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.