JOB POSTING #: 2023-0388
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, September 25, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations
UNION: CUPE Local 543
JOB CODE: 543123
POSTING STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $28.71 - $33.75 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
Reporting to the Manager of Traffic Operations, this position independently undertakes, inputs, tabulates and reviews yearly, average daily traffic counts; coordinates summer students and other staff in conducting turning movement counts, warrant studies, traffic studies and surveys all of which require travel to field locations; maintains accurate files, including computer files, of traffic volume and warrant studies; reviews oversized load applications; reviews and arranges detour routes in cooperation with other Departments, utilities and contractors; prepares collision diagrams and accident statistics; provides training and assistance to those assisting in surveys and studies; reviews applications and prepares comments related to Street and Alley Closing Committee; reviews and makes recommendations regarding site line obstructions and other traffic related matters; reviews and makes recommendations for personal handicap parking spaces; attends various meetings as required including pre-construction meetings and Street and Alley Closing Committee Meetings; handles general complaints from the public and City Council and prepares responses as required; maintains amiable relations with the public and fellow staff. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year Transportation Engineering Technologist or Civil Engineering Technologist Diploma from a Community College or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience working in a computerized and traffic/transportation environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of Products, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Must be eligible for certification as an Engineering Technician from O.A.C.E.T.T.;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a heavy level of work.
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job;
- Must be familiar with the Highway Capacity Manual;
- Must be proficient in mathematics and traffic survey techniques;
- Must have proven oral and written skills as well as public relations skills.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.