JOB POSTING #: 2023-0138
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, April 14, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
JOB CODE: NU0224
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $89,077.36 to $108,274.62 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to a Manager, this position will be responsible to administer and oversee the delivery of Employment Ontario and Ontario Works employment programs and services as well as supervise a team of staff.
- Ensures that programs and services are administered according to established guidelines, directives, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the recruitment of staff and the development and monitoring of employees who deliver Employment Ontario and Ontario Works employment programs and services.
- Approves support funding, funding for training programs, basic living allowance, training placement incentives, and other supports as provided under the various employment programs. Prepares reports as requested.
- Assists in the development of unit budget.
- Meets with employers and other community partners to promote programs and services to the public.
- Engages in business planning and marketing/advertising efforts in order to meet program targets. The incumbent will participate in emergency preparation and response as required.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a Masters Degree in Social Science, Business Administration, Public Administration or Social Work or Ontario Ministry of Education Equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year experience in the delivery of Employment programs; OR
- Must have a University degree in Social Science, Business Administration, Public Administration or Social Work or Ontario Ministry of Education Equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years experience in the delivery of Employment programs;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have proven technical, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, its Regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program;
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of both SAMS and CAMS provincial computer systems will be considered assets;
- Supervisory experience will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.