Pollution Control Project Engineer
JOB POSTING: 2023-0148
JOB POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Pollution Control
JOB CODE: NU0262
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $101,102.66 - $122,891.44 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
Reporting to the Manager of Process Engineering and Maintenance, this position will be responsible for managing and directing Pollution Control process & infrastructure projects and provide technical assistance to treatment plant managers on engineering activities required for ongoing day-to-day projects. Will manage document control, develop, coordinate and review standard operating procedures, as well as training staff on procedures and operations. Will coordinate all activities relating to Wastewater Treatment and Collection Operator Certification; organize and coordinate required Ministry of Environment “in-house” training; Public/Private Partnership for bio-solids processing; assist in communications for the Pollution Control area; liaise with various levels of government and agencies for special grant projects. Will coordinate internal maintenance efforts by plant staff at the WWT Plants and Pumping Stations. Will liaise with Engineering Consultants for the design of Plant and Pumping Station capital/maintenance projects and coordinate outside contractor activities on sites and administrate contracts. Will be required to travel to off-site meetings and other facilities; perform duties of Plant Managers or Supervisors during their absences; maintain amiable relations with the public, industry managers, and fellow staff. Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a Masters Degree in Engineering (Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical), or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in related project work preferably in a wastewater environment; OR
- Must have a University Degree in Engineering (Civil, Structural, Electrical or Mechanical), or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in related project work preferably in a wastewater environment.
- Must have experience in project design development, contract tendering and project execution.
- Must have a license or be able to obtain a license by the Professional Engineers of Ontario.
- Must have or attain within 3 years a WWT II or WWC II license.
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class G Driver’s License in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have proven technical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Progression through the Corporation’s Management Certificate, Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a management/supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset.
- Knowledge in electrical or mechanical systems, pneumatics would be considered an asset.
- The physical demand analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.