Timekeeper, Nursing & Dietary
JOB POSTING #: 2024-0025
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, January 26, 2024 at 8:30AM to Thursday, February 01, 2024 at 4:30PM
DEPARTMENT: Huron Lodge
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543586
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full -Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $23.92 - $28.14 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to the Coordinator, Attendance and Schedules, this position will be responsible for Workforce Time & Attendance timekeeping for the Nursing and Dietary divisions.
- Processes call-ins for staff absences payroll preparation, advanced scheduling input of data, shift preference and calculation of overtime, entering of missing time off requests, nursing call bell and life safety system administrator duties, data entry and general clerical duties.
- Support employees and managers through the WFM process.
- Will carry out WFM related duties such as but not limited to: timekeeping for Nursing and Dietary decisions in WFM, process call ins for staff, payroll preparation, advanced scheduling input of data, shift preference and calculation of overtime, entering of missed time off requests.
- Responsible for data entry, clerical duties and resident's life safety systems, such as but not limited to: nursing call bell system, 360 system entries, processing Public Health data IPAC, dining room seating changes, etc.
- Processing of new / replacement current employee ID badges swipe access system within Huron Lodge.
- Review Timesheet Exception report, resolve common Timesheet Exception messages, shift premium issues, resolve issues as required, review worked hours and adjust to the correct day, Midnight Shift Issues.
- Ensure accurate and match actuals, review the Scheduled vs. Actuals report, attach appropriate schedules to employees on long-term leave, attach appropriate schedules to employees on work hardening, ensure timesheets are accurate for employees who are paid current.
- Will add, delete and modify information on employees timesheets as directed by Coordinator of Scheduling and Attendance, Employee Service Centre and/ or divisional managers.
- Print and post schedules on scheduling board.
- Print off and post assignment sheets for each day.
- Label schedules to assign care unit sections for full time staff.
- Label assignment sheets and place staff in the appropriate section on the care unit.
- Move on assignment staff upon completion of daily absence replacement for resident consistency and adherence to scheduling guidelines.
- Complete clerical duties as assigned.
- Includes but not limited to application for health card replacement, ordering nursing and dietary office supplies, updating and arranging staff call in sheets and phone numbers, filing, maintaining files and records (i.e. call in sheets, daily assignment sheets, etc.).
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one year of post secondary school courses in Office Administration, Business or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized office environment with operating knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; effective listening
- Must be patient, respectful and gentle in dealing with the elderly and must maintain good relations with residents, staff and public;
- Work experience in a long term health care setting a definite asset;
- Completion of gerontological courses deemed an asset;
- Proven commitment to ongoing education, training and professional development will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of nursing, medical or dental documentation considered an asset;
- Experience in electronic scheduling programs and/or payroll systems an asset
- A Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six months of occupying the position.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.