JOB POSTING: 2023-0342
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, August 24, 2023 8:30AM to Wednesday, August 30, 2023 at 4:30PM
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543200
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $33.24 to $39.10 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: Yes
- Reporting to the Coordinator, Parking Services, this position will be responsible for maintaining, repairing and installing all parking control devices/equipment, lighting, vehicle counters, alarms, fee computers, security systems, etc. in the parking garages.
- Installs, repairs, maintains and modifies all electronic, electro-mechanical equipment in the Parking Division including pay and display machines and automated cashier-less parking systems, micro-processors, vehicle counters, alarm systems, ticket spitters, gate mechanisms, parking meters, etc.
- Installs, repairs and maintains the lighting and all electrical systems in the parking garages and performs building maintenance duties (i.e. Carbon Monoxide alarm system), green initiatives (i.e. solar, electric, charging stations & communications).
- Will write and modify computer programs for the Parking Division, i.e. maintains garage and parking lot permit database, tariff rates for parking payment, etc.
- Maintains daily logs, reports and related documentation as required. Provides location and orientation of pay machines in garages and lots.
- Requests quotes for the Supervisor as needed. Collects and processes all parking fees (cash and bank deposits) from all parking control devices such as lots, meters and garage systems.
- Makes credit card purchases as required.
- Unloads deliveries of supplies.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have four (4) years of post-secondary school education comprising of a three (3) year Electronics Engineering Technology Diploma from a Community College, and one (1) year of post-secondary school courses in an engineering related field of study such as Electrical, Mechanical, Environmental, Civil, Construction, Electromechanical, or Power Engineering, or Ontario Ministry of Equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in building maintenance and electronic repair, assembly, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and parking control devices;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows which includes writing, modifying and creating computer programs and have working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Products or equivalent;
- Must have knowledge of internal computer settings, partitioning hard drives, etc.;
- Must be able to interpret and apply regulatory by-laws governing electrical installations;
- Must be bondable;
- Must have knowledge of various building codes;
- Must be able to work the following shift work: 40 hours per week, Monday through Sunday,
- 8:00 a.m-4:30 p.m. shift or 4:00 p.m–12:30 a.m. shift;
- Cash control and security procedure knowledge would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium to heavy level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.