Manager of Development
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0285
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, July 11, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, July 21, 2023 at 4:30 PM
JOB CODE: NU0644
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $115,162.10 - $139,980.85 annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Executive Director, Engineering/Deputy City Engineer, this position will be responsible to oversee a team that supports development through sound engineering practices providing technical review/approval of new developments, analysis of storm and waste water modelling, general management of Municipal Drain portfolio and delivery of Municipal Class Environmental Assessments.
This position will encourage innovation in engineering solutions while delivering growth related projects, and municipal engineered infrastructure projects within the municipal right-of-way.
Will manage, coordinate and supervise six (6) union and non-union staff as well as provide indirect supervision of various Engineering and Administrative staff for assigned tasks. Develop, monitor and track operating and capital budgets assigned to the division.
Responsible for the oversight of various engineering assignments, which involve the technical design and preparation of specifications, cost estimates, tender documents, and administration of contracts for the construction of infrastructure and related assignments.
Will contribute to the budget process by recommending priority infrastructure improvements; responsible to ensure that engineering design produced by the office and by consulting engineers for municipal infrastructure meets established municipal and provincial standards.
Must represent the Corporation and liaise with developers, consultants and contractors. Must ensure staff familiarization with Provincial safety legislation and corporate safety policies and procedures. Must affix professional engineer’s seal on documents and drawings, and assume professional responsibility of projects assigned to the division. Will research and prepare reports and other written correspondence as required.
Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Engineering (Civil or Environmental) or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and over ten (10) years of progressively responsible engineering experience in a municipal environment;
- Must be licensed by the Professional Engineers of Ontario (P.Eng)
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s License in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle, and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have proven communication, analytical, interpersonal, supervisory skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with City representatives, other agencies and the general public;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of hazards associated with the workplace;
- Will be required to complete and remain current as per the requirements of the Corporation’s Management Certificate Program;
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset;
- Given that this job is a new position a Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six months of occupying the position.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.