2022 City of Windsor Employment Pool
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0409
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, November 8, 2022 at 4:30 PM
UNION: To be determined
POSITION STATUS: Temporary
# OF POSITIONS: Various
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
The City of Windsor is a progressive and inclusive employer that offers rewarding career opportunities across a wide variety of work areas. All of our positions provide a collaborative environment that supports and promotes advancement. The City of Windsor is seeking qualified candidates to assist in filling temporary or casual placements as needs arise in various City Departments. Administration and all City of Windsor employees strive to provide optimal customer service to the Citizens of Windsor throughout various departments within the City of Windsor.
- To provide administrative and clerical support in a broad range of administrative activities including, but not limited to, typing, filing, answering telephones/switchboard, customer service, research, financial duties and a variety of other tasks including matters of a confidential nature.
- Will liaise with corporate employees and the general public regarding matters of departmental interest.
- Terms of employment will vary depending on the nature of the assignment.
- Assignments will be of a temporary nature, which can include short-term placements as well as long-term placements.
- These assignments may be on a temporary part-time or temporary full-time basis.
- As a member of the City of Windsor Employment Pool, you will be “on call” and must be available for any assignment.
- Selectivity of assignments is not allowed.
- Performs Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety program.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have a minimum keyboarding speed of 40 words per minute;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft suite of products such as Word, Outlook, and Excel;
- Must have strong customer service skills;
- Must have excellent communication skills;
- Must have a pleasant, courteous manner and demonstrates an ability to deal with difficult customers in a professional manner;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with a sound knowledge of general office procedures and excellent organizational abilities;
- Must maintain a high level of initiative with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Any additional post-secondary education from a Community College or University, or Ministry of Education equivalency would be considered an asset;
- Previous bookkeeping and/or accounting experience would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience in a computerized accounts payable environment would be considered an asset;
- Experience utilizing PeopleSoft HRMS or PeopleSoft Financials is considered an asset;
- Payroll processing (year-end T4 reporting, reconciliation and remittances, etc.) would be considered an asset;
- Previous experience with A/P, A/R, Bank reconciliation is considered an asset;
- Cash handling experience would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of City of Windsor departments and services would be considered a definite asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.