Secretary Senior 2023-0005
JOB POSTING: 2023-0005
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, January 4th, 2023 at 8:30AM to Tuesday, January 10th, 2023 at 4:30PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543147
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $24.49 - $28.79 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Administration, this position will provide secretarial and administrative support functions including preparing and processing items such as letters, memorandums, reports, forms, Council Reports, tender documents, etc.;
- Drafts correspondence as required for the signature of engineering principals;
- Arranges and coordinates meetings for the engineering staff;
- Arranges hotel and travel reservations for engineering managers;
- Responds to telephone inquiries or re-routes telephone and/or in person inquiries;
- Maintains designated files.
- Must maintain amiable relations with co-workers and customers.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft Suite of Products, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Must have a minimum typing proficiency of 50 wpm;
- Must have good communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal direction;
- Must have neat and legible penmanship;
- Knowledge of engineering terms would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.