Operations Asset Analyst
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0161
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, April 21, 2023 at 8:30AM to Friday, April 28, 2023 at 4:30PM
JOB CODE: NU0195
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $61,959.94 to $75,312.46 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Technical Support Manager or designate (IMS Coordinator / Technical Support Coordinator), is responsible for assisting in the implementation and operation of computer systems, asset management, and in the control, monitoring, performance measurement, and cost analysis functions for the Operations Department.
- Assists in the implementation, maintenance, and utilization of the computerized Infrastructure Management System (IMS), Geographic Information System (GIS) and maintenance management;
- Performs data research, collection, verification and analysis, and work order and inspection cycle generation and maintenance;
- Trains appropriate staff in the utilization of computerized systems and monitors their utilization;
- Assists in the set-up, implementation and monitoring of computer systems;
- Carries out special assignments for Operations;
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the Operations budget; provides administrative/technical support to management staff in the development of respective budgets;
- Assists in the monitoring of productivity, cost effectiveness reports and information; researches and prepares reports and correspondence;
- Creates manuals and mapping to support infrastructure maintenance programs and administrative/technical processes;
- Provides technical support in the development and operation of preventative maintenance and inspections programs;
- Will be required to drive to various work sites and locations;
- Maintains amiable relations with the public and fellow staff.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical field, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency, and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience in an operations/technical environment; OR
- Must have a Community College Diploma in Engineering Technology, Computer Science or technical field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies, and a minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience in an operations/technical environment.
- Must hold and maintain a valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have proven knowledge of Civil Engineering and municipal infrastructure concepts.
- Must have proven knowledge of budget concepts, cost accounting, and cost analysis.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Must have excellent mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have proven interpersonal, communication, and personnel management skills.
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Eligibility for certification with OACETT or PEO considered an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Crystal Reports, work management systems, relational databases, Geographic Information System (GIS) software and computerized management information systems considered an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.