Coordinator Technical Support
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0053
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Monday, February 6, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
JOB CODE: NU0546
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $74,291.42 to $90,302.13 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
Reporting to the Executive Director - Parks & Facilities or designate, this position will be responsible for the Facility CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) database.
- Responsibility includes asset management for the department, including maintenance of asset inventories, management plans, work order management, preventative maintenance programs, inspection programs, condition assessment and ratings for maintenance and rehabilitation planning, database security, data integrity, risk assessment, connectivity to GIS mapping, financial and labour reports in CMMS and TCA reports to Finance Department.
- Input of facility information into respective CMMS system including engineering, financial, reactive and preventative work order management.
- Determine and coordinate large data needs such as conversions, migrations, collection, and verification of data as well as service requests from corporate departments.
- Responsible for operational reviews of current protocols and procedures to provide effective and efficient service delivery.
- Identify best practices and cost savings via the use of new technology and equipment and customized solutions.
- Will coordinate, develop and train staff on Facility CMMS solutions as well as create procedure updates as required.
- Will be responsible for the implementation and departmental strategic initiatives related to the CMMS database.
- Will represent the Facilities department on various committees.
- Will be required to prepare and present Asset Management Planning reports such as asset Needs Studies, and condition ratings and rehabilitation to management to assist in their determination of major rehabilitation and reconstruction needs in budget and construction planning.
- Responsibility will include review of labour costs and allocation in financial system and preparation of business cases.
- Will perform Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must have a University degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years database administration experience;
- OR Must have a post secondary Community College diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or related field or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency with a minimum of six (6) years database administration experience.
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class G driver’s license in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have operating knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products, such as Word, Excel and Access in a computerized environment;
- Knowledge of facility management, maintenance management, budget development, systems development, and project management is considered an asset.
- Must have excellent technical, mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, it regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Completion of the Corporation’s Management Windsor Certificate Program is considered an asset;
- Progression through the Art of Supervision Program Certificate or a supervisory program of a similar nature is considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.