Caseworker - Ontario Works
JOB POSTING #: 2022-0419
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, November 7, 2022 at 8:30 A.M. to Friday, November 18, 2022 at 4:30 P.M.
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543234
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $30.65 to $36.05 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible for interviewing applicants and recipients at the office or occasionally offsite in order to complete assessments to determine initial and ongoing eligibility for various classes of Social Assistance.
- Responsible for documenting in a computerized environment and verifying information; maintaining and organizing a caseload to ensure legislative requirements are met and service is provided.
- Responsible for assessing client circumstances to identify client needs and to make appropriate referrals.
- Refers clients as well as liaises with various in-house and Community agencies.
- Conducts ongoing assessments of eligibility and service plan progresses and provides appropriate follow-up and case coordination.
- Liaises with community agencies with regards to social, employment and training opportunities for clients.
- Develops and maintains a good rapport with customers and other staff members.
- Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
Note: Please be advised that most positions are in the Windsor location. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have a three (3) year post-secondary school Degree from a University in Social Sciences, Social Work, Business Administration, Public Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year experience assisting clients in the Human Services field with the ability to case manage and service coordinate with organizations in the community;
- Working knowledge of Social Service programs, the Ontario Works Act and related legislation;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be a mature person who can demonstrate sensitivity to client needs;
- Must have operating knowledge of computer systems/programs including the Microsoft Suite of Products such as Word and Outlook;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.