Clerk Junior - Back Up Receptionist - Bilingual - Leamington
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0264
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, July 7, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543279
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $24.80 to $29.15 per hour.
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
Reporting to a Supervisor, this position will be responsible for responding to number of telephone calls; Screens inquiries; Provides Social Assistance information and directs calls to appropriate staff or agencies, occasionally in emergency situations; Provide backup for the Intermediate Receptionist during breaks, lunches, vacations and other absences; Responsible for general office duties in a highly computerized environment including accessing information using Social Assistance Management System (SAMS); Sorts and distributes mail for the team; Prepares envelopes to be mailed and prepares interoffice and couriered mail for shipping; Originates, retrieves, sorts and transfers files, and files documents; Prepares files, marks files (i.e. assignment/overpayment), organizes file room, culls and prepares files to be sent to archive; Processes manual drug cards; Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
Note: Please be advised that the initial job placement for this posting will be at the Leamington location. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over three (3) months of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of Products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Must be fluently bilingual (French and English);
- Must have a minimum accurate typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills;
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.