Coordinator, Attendance & Scheduling
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0396
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Huron Lodge
JOB CODE: NU0631
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $62,734.44 - $76,253.87 Annually
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
Reporting to the Director of Care, this position will be responsible for the creation of schedules, approving time off requests, approving shift swaps, manual input into the schedule for replacement of shifts, and all coordination of scheduling and attendance in the Workforce Time & Attendance system. Initiate, create and complete schedule changes to ensure staff consistency as per legislative requirements; Monitor absences; Track hours of part time employees for step increment purposes; Liaise with the Human Resources department as required. Assess and determine annual seniority and assign shifts and annual vacation selections for all staff based on eligibility; Make adjustments as required. Provide Workforce Time & Attendance direction and guidance to staff; Aid staff with accessing and understanding system software; Supervise and provide direction to departmental timekeeper; Create scheduling modules in Workforce system for new and returning employees; Reassign and modify master rotation patterns per seniority, post and award temporary postings. Ensure accuracy of data for report generation and submission to government entities. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Business Administration or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in systemic data processing;
- OR Must have a Community College diploma in Office Administration – Executive, Business or Human Resources or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in systemic data processing;
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma, plus one (1) year of post-secondary education from a Community College in Office or Business Administration, or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in systemic data processing;
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma and a minimum of six (6) years experience in systemic data processing;
- Must have highly developed customer service and communication skills (written, verbal) with the ability to meet constant deadlines;
- Must have demonstrated ability to be an active, positive team player;
- Must have strong analytical and proactive problem solving abilities while managing multiple priorities and superior attention to detail;
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational, time management, coordinating and prioritization skills, with ability to handle many tasks while responding to a high volume of inquiries;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work.
- Demonstrated experience working with Long Term Care Homes Act, Collective agreements and Employment Standards Act is considered an asset;
- Experience and knowledge with Workforce Management system is considered an asset,
- Given that this job is a new position a Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six months of occupying the position.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.