Nutritional Administrative Assistant
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0335
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, August 21, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, August 25, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Huron Lodge
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543374
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $25.71 - $30.27 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
HOURS OF WORK: 40
- Reporting to the Manager of Nutrition and Dietary Services or designate, this position will be responsible to assist the Manager or designate in a clerical and administrative capacity with the daily functions of the dietary department including data input related to resident nutrition status, working with the Dietitian in regards to Nutritional/therapeutic assessments of Residents, quality assurance systems, filing, processing of bills, photocopying, records retention, spreadsheet chart design, development and maintenance, processing of charts for dining areas and kitchen, on-going evaluation and design of departmental bring forward systems and internal process systems;
- Assists in the design and development and monitoring of resident menus; staff schedule design, scheduling and time book entries, development and maintenance, performs staff sick call replacements; responsible for the ordering of dry goods and food items and will be required to drive to various off-site locations in order to pick up supplies and food items, liaising with suppliers, conducting product quote comparisons;
- Monitors departmental inventory and co-ordinates inventory needs for the department; works as a collaborative team member on departmental committees; attends resident Care Conferences representing the Dietary Department; assists in special event planning and preparation; communicates in a respectful manner with residents, families and co-workers;
- Assists in maintaining a tidy and clean environment; performs duties detailed in Huron Lodge’s Policy and Procedure manuals, as well as duties assigned as per the Emergency Preparedness Plan. All Influenza vaccine/outbreak protocols must be followed on a yearly basis. Performs other related duties as required.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in Therapeutic Diets, Excel, Access or other data base programs;
- Must have a Food Service Worker Certificate from a Community College and be approved by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care;
- Must have a Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Food Handlers Certificate from the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit with applicable renewals maintained every (5) years;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and effective listening skills;
- Must have knowledge of the dynamics of nutrition as part of the aging process;
- Genuine interest in the elderly and a sincere commitment to the residents; empathy, patience and tact in interactions with others are required;
- Experience in a long-term care environment is preferred;
- Related community and volunteer experience will be deemed a definite asset;
- Additional language skills will be deemed a definite asset.
- Related work and/or educational experience in food production and nutrition is an asset;
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development is considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. will be deemed an asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.