JOB POSTING #: 2023-0329
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, August 11, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Friday, September 29, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Parks, Recreation & Culture
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: REC030
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-time Recreational
GRADE/CLASS: 001 - Salary Schedule "E1"
# OF POSITIONS: Various
RATE OF PAY: $17.98 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
- Reporting to the Cultural Development and Willistead Manor Coordinator, Ojibway Naturalist and Outreach Coordinator, Museum Windsor Curator and/or designate(s), this position will be responsible for:
- Greeting visitors and conducting educational programs and tours which may include responsibility for directing the activities of scheduled bus trips, rental functions, acceptance and direct deliveries for events, and other functions related to the activities of the assigned facility.
- Will be responsible for providing accurate information and must be knowledgeable regarding facility rentals and assigned facility programs and features.
- The incumbent will maintain excellent customer service and public relations at all times.
- Responsibilities of the incumbent will include completion of daily logs, statistical data, cash handling, and ensuring the safety of customers;
- May be required to handle wildlife or artefacts;
- Will be cognizant of building/equipment concerns and cleanliness of the environment and will be responsible to notify supervisor of any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Will be responsible for completion of daily logs, statistical data, cash handling, and ensuring the safety of customers.
- Will maintain excellent customer service and public relations at all times.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age at time of employment.
- Must have completed an Ontario Secondary School Grade 10 education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency.
- Must have up to (3) months experience in a recreation field.
- Must hold by date of hire and maintain current and valid Standard First Aid and CPR certification obtained from a first aid training provider approved by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), for the full term of employment;
- Education in environmental or biological studies considered an asset.
- Local and/or Natural History knowledge considered an asset.
- Experience working with computer programs such as MS Office Suite of Products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and ActiveNet or similar program will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in French language considered an asset.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.