Controls & Systems Analyst
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0123
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, March 27, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, April 3, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $74.291.42 - $90,302.13 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Employee Service Centre Manager, this position will be responsible for the coordination, administration, maintenance and processing of the Reporting, Control, Records and HCM section of the client-focused Employee Service Centre (ESC) and for the management of technical information systems, applications and office automation needs of the department through optimal and secure information technology systems, process improvement and best practices.
- The Control and Systems Analyst is responsible for configuring and maintaining the HCM and WFM systems to ensure they are properly configured, fully compliant and secure and meet both the functional and business needs of the Corporation.
- The position is responsible for system reporting including new report generation, plus business intelligence and analytics.
- The role will research, translate and document interpretations of various legislative / regulatory measures and Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA’s) received to ensure these are properly configured, tested, documented and deployed into the production environment.
- The Controls & Systems Analyst will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all system-related compliance obligations are met from both a CBA perspective, but also from a regulatory perspective (CRA, Services Canada, Employment Standards, WSIB, EHT, etc.).
- This position also ensures that knowledge transfer and training occurs to system users when system changes are introduced or upgrades occur.
- The position will analyze and design techniques to solve business problems using information technology to enable our customers in obtaining timely and accurate information.
- The Controls and Systems Analyst is also responsible for assessing the quality of internal controls and compliance by reviewing pre-edit routines and reporting tools used to conduct quality assurance checks and reconciliations of data entered by the ESC Representatives and the Pension and Benefits Specialist.
- This position is also responsible for all HCM and WFM reporting requirements, both internally and externally.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University degree in Business, Sciences or Computer Information Systems or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year experience in one or more of the following areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, extensive knowledge and experience with technology (hardware, software and applications). OR
- Must have a post secondary school Community College diploma in Business, Sciences or Computer Information Systems or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of two (2) years experience in one or more of the following areas: Human Resources, Benefits, Payroll, extensive knowledge and experience with technology (hardware, software and applications).
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful driver’s licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment.
- Must have experience with business intelligence tools and relational databases;
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Must be able to deal calmly and professionally with users;
- Must be able to interpret a complicated problem/solution and explain it in non-technical terms;
- Must have proven oral and written communications skills;
- Must have the ability to train users;
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel including advanced formulas, Pivot Tables, exports/imports etc.
- Must have Legislation and Regulatory knowledge, such as Pay Equity, Employment Standards Act, EI Act, Income Tax Act, OMERS, Ontario Pension Benefits Act, MFIPPA, OHSA, Privacy laws, etc.
- Must have experience generating data sets for Corporate statistics;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- PeopleSoft training and experience maintaining portals and developing websites is a definite asset;
- A Human Resources/Payroll background is a definite asset;
- Experience with LMS content creation and system administration is a definite asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with the job indicates a light to heavy level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.