Supervisor, Child Care Subsidy
JOB POSTING #: 2024-0007
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, January 12, 2024 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Housing & Children’s Services
JOB CODE: NU0422
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $83,395.00 to $101,367.77 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Children’s Services or designate, this position will be responsible for supervising a team of child care fee subsidy caseworkers.
- Will be responsible for providing daily consultation and direction to caseworkers regarding child care subsidy applications.
- Will review files, conduct team meetings and oversee decisions/case management and training for new caseworkers.
- Provides review and approval of recommendations for child care subsidy provision overpayment assessments/recoveries.
- Manages the provision of child care fee subsides funding to Ontario Works and non-Ontario Works families accessing child care through licensed Purchase of Service Child Care Operators.
- Responds to child care fee subsidy customers regarding application inquiries and decisions.
- Addresses service provider and political inquiries related to child care fee subsidy provisions.
- Reviews current practices and procedures in order to develop enhancements or revisions that align with legislation and ensure quality customer service.
- Develops new processes and procedures in order to maximize efficiencies and best practices.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a University Degree in Social Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of two (2) years experience to acquire knowledge of the related acts & regulations, supervisor skills and team building;
- OR Must have a post secondary school Community College Diploma in Early Childhood Education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of four (4) years experience in to acquire knowledge of the related acts & regulations, supervisor skills and team building;
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post secondary school courses in Social Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies and a minimum of six (6) years experience to acquire knowledge of the related acts & regulations, supervisor skills and team building;
- OR Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and more than ten (10) years experience to acquire knowledge of the related acts & regulations, supervisor skills and team building.
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's License is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must possess good communication skills, organizational and interpersonal skills to deal with families and show respect for their opinions as well as community partners and values their experience and expertise;
- Must have initiative and ability to work with minimal direction;
- Must have knowledge of appropriate legislation and procedures;
- Must have proven leadership and successful experience in team building;
- Good organizational skills required;
- Proficient communication and relationship building skills;
- Should be familiar with the Microsoft Suite of Products such as Word, Outlook, etc.;
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.