Customer Contact Representative
JOB POSTING: 2023-0334
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, August 18, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Thursday, August 24, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Communications & Customer Service
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543411
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
POSITION #: 00004398, NA
RATE OF PAY: $28.71 - $33.75
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes
Reporting to the Customer Contact Centre Supervisor(s), this position is responsible for answering and processing non-emergency 311 inquiries about city programs, services or events and 211 inquiries about community, health, government and social services. Use the CSR system to search information in the knowledge base to respond to inquiries and/or process requests for service. Use the 211 database to provide information and referral to inquirers. Navigate multiple applications such as AMANDA, EIS, Google Transit, Map My City, City of Windsor website etc. as additional tools in managing inquiries. Utilize Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel for various tasks associated with the position. Relay calls of an emergency nature to 911 dispatch centre or crisis agency. May assist with training new Customer Contact Representatives. May be required to travel to off site meetings or outreach programs. May be required to lift boxes of supplies for off-site meetings. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary courses in Office Administration, Business or Social Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies OR
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency plus ten (10) full time years of experience with the Corporation of the City of Windsor in an Administrative/Secretarial/Clerical position with successful completion of all three (3) levels of the Computer Technology Certificate
- Must have over one (1) year of customer service experience in a computerized environment;
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current, valid and lawful Driver’s License will be required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 50 wpm;
- Must have a pleasant, courteous manner and demonstrate an ability to deal with difficult customers in a professional manner;
- A comprehensive knowledge of city departments and services would be considered a definite asset;
- A comprehensive knowledge of social, health and community services would be considered an asset;
- Previous call centre experience would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited / sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.