JOB POSTING #: 2023-0332
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Tuesday, August 22, 2023 at 4:30 PM
DEPARTMENT: Building Services
UNION: C.U.P.E 543
JOB CODE: 543004
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time (1)
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $23.03 - $27.11 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Deputy Chief Building Official - Policy & Regulatory Services, this position will perform filing duties including sorting information in chronological and alphabetical order and the retrieval and delivery of property files, plans and other documents;
- Track and manage files and plans taken from Central Records;
- Close and purge files;
- Scan and attach files to property records;
- Maintain active and dormant construction plans in central records and storage vaults;
- Answer inquiries regarding files;
- Utilize a computer based file tracking system to locate and retrieve files and label file folders;
- Responsible for the management and confidentiality of records in accordance with departmental and corporate requirements;
- Prepare files and documents for scanning and attaching to AMANDA data base;
- Calculate search and duplicating costs and write receipts;
- Maintain ward map binders;
- Maintain files of correction orders;
- Set up and maintain subdivision and site plan control files;
- Maintain files of Council meetings;
- Receive, sort and distribute all mail and plans received in the Building Division;
- Maintain amiable relations with the public and fellow staff.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a computerized office environment utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, etc);
- Must hold and maintain a current, valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm;
- Must have sound knowledge of general office procedures and functions;
- Must have proven organizational ability in the maintenance of documents;
- Must have a basic knowledge of street locations in the City of Windsor;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary to light level of work.
- Internal candidates will be granted priority consideration before external applicants as determined by the applicable Collective Agreement eligibility process and/or current Corporate hiring practices.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.