JOB POSTING#: 2022-0369
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, September 26th, 2022 at 8:30AM to Monday, October 3rd, 2022 at 4:30PM
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations
JOB CODE: NU0131
POSTING STATUS: Regular Full-Time/ Temporary Full-Time
# of POSITIONS: 2 (1 RFT; 1 TFT)
RATE OF PAY: $65,687.52 to $79,844.16 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
Reporting to the Manager of Contracts, Field Services & Maintenance, or designate, for a variety of engineering assignments relative, but not limited to, the technical work associated with the Engineering area. (Subject to the requirements of the Professional Engineers Act in the practice of professional engineering). Responsible for various engineering assignments, which involve the technical design and preparation of specifications, cost estimates and tender documents, and the administration of contracts for the construction of infrastructure and related assignments. Must represent the Corporation and liaise with Consultants during the construction of assigned projects. Ensure staff familiarization with Provincial safety legislation and Corporate safety policies and procedures. Will research, prepare reports and other written correspondence as required. Will be required to travel to offsite meetings and attend various job sites. Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program. Will perform other related duties as required
- Must have a University degree in Engineering (Civil, Environmental or related), or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year engineering experience;
- Must be registered in the “Engineer in Training Program” with the Professional Engineers of Ontario;
- Must have the ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid Ontario Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must have proven communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with City representatives, other agencies and the general public. Supervisory skills would be considered an asset.
- Must have knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- All City of Windsor employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with the City’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.