JOB POSTING #: 2022-0452
POSTING PERIOD: Friday, November 25, 2022 at 8:30 A.M. to Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 4:30 P.M.
DEPARTMENT: Recreation & Culture
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: REC013
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Part-Time Recreation
GRADE/CLASS: Grade 003 - Salary Schedule "E1"
# OF POSITIONS: Various
RATE OF PAY: $17.76 (2023 Rate)
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: Yes.
Under the direction of the Marina Operator or designate, successful applicants will provide services regarding marine facilities for boaters. Duties will include but will not be limited to: cleaning washrooms, removal of weeds and debris from boat launch ramps, changing garbage’s, power washing docks, cleaning offices, etc. Will rake/sweep/pick up excess debris in basin of the marina and parking lots. Will greet customers and answer any inquiries. Will make reservations and register overnight guests. Incumbent will be required to secure and fuel boats. Incumbent will be responsible for handling cash, balancing register and cashing out. Incumbent will collect all fees as they pertain to the operation of the marina; boat launch ramps, transient dockage, seasonal dockage and fuel dock services. Incumbent will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health & Safety Program. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age by April 1, 2023;
- Must be available for work commencing no later than April 1, 2023;
- Must have completed an Ontario Secondary School Grade 10 education or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency at time of application;
- Must hold and maintain current and valid Lifesaving Society Bronze Cross for the full term of employment;
- Must maintain the professional standards of the Lifesaving Society;
- Must hold and maintain current and valid Standard First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer (Level C) obtained from a first aide WSIA Reg. 1101 training provider recognized by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) for the full period of employment for the full term of employment;
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous marina experience, those available to work the entire term of employment and the outcome of results of the recruitment process.
Note: Resumes will be given further consideration based on meeting the criteria as identified in the qualifications section above. Resumes must clearly outline qualifications as noted above and include a photocopy of the front and back of the qualifications.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.