Recycle Collector - One Person Packer
JOB POSTING NUMBER: 2023-0289
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Wednesday, July 19, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Operations
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 82
JOB CODE: 82136
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
GRADE/CLASS: Band 4
# OF POSITIONS: Up to 20
RATE OF PAY: $29.58 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: Yes
Reporting to the Manager, Environmental Services or designate, this position is responsible to carry out any and all duties associated with recycling collection. Those duties include, but are not limited to the following: drive a side loading or rear loading collection vehicle; collect recyclable material from designated locations; weigh and dispose of material at the appropriate facility; perform pre and post trip inspections; fuel trucks; clean cab and truck; record equipment deficiencies and collection issues daily; abide by all Traffic Act regulations. The job requires lifting up to 22 kg on a regular basis during collection operations, the ability to work with minimum supervision and the ability to work in all weather conditions. Must maintain amiable relations with all customers at all times and must be cognizant of customer service requirements and expectations. Will perform Occupational Health and Safety duties as outlined in the Corporate Health and Safety program. Performs other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma, or Ontario Ministry of Education Equivalency;
- Must currently hold a valid and have the ability to maintain a lawful Class “D” driver’s license with a “Z” endorsement, and must have over one (1) consecutive year’s legal experience driving a “DZ” vehicle in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act for purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle;
- Must be able to demonstrate minimum experience required for this position as outlined above;
- Must have the ability to complete daily work reports and circle checks;
- Must have the ability to perform duties with minimal direction or supervision;
- Experience in waste collection and customer service/customer relations is an asset;
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries of the job;
- Must have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations and knowledge of the hazards associated with the work;
- Given that this job is a new position a Physical Demands analysis will be completed with the incumbent after approximately six months of occupying the position.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.