JOB POSTING #: 2022-0445
POSTING PERIOD: Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 8:30 AM to Wednesday. December 21, 2022 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543074
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $29.06 - $34.16 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Purchasing Supervisor, this position will be responsible for establishing, monitoring, and maintaining the corporate supply chain.
- Locates sources of supply for various products and/or services.
- Responsible for obtaining RFQ’s, issuing tenders, analyzing results and negotiating for best price consistent with required quality and delivery.
- Prepares bid summaries and assists in the evaluation and recommendation for award. Issues purchase orders, contract orders and/or blanket orders.
- Responsible for procurement of various materials, equipment, supplies and/or services. Monitors and maintains the FLEET Inventory system.
- Develops alternative sources of supply as and when required.
- Integrates purchases with other service units and boards of management and coordinates blanket purchase orders.
- Provides functional supervision, through specialized instruction to all service areas, of the purchasing policies and procedures of the Corporation and monitors adherence to the Purchasing By-law.
- Prepares and maintains commercial and technical specifications for major purchases and volume items and selects method of procurement as required. Interviews sales representatives and suppliers to keep abreast with market conditions and new products including requesting samples for departmental review.
- Monitors and records vendor performance to ensure on-time delivery, product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Travels to supplier locations to assess performance and capability.
- Maintains liaison with civic service units and Government agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of current customs excise and sales tax regulations.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in the areas of Purchasing, Business, Office or Management courses from a Community College or University or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies;
- Must have over one (1) year of experience in purchasing-related functions (such as obtaining quotes, administering tenders or RFP’s, working with vendors, working with external consultants, and preparing and proofing complex documents);
- Must be working towards, or be willing to enroll in, an accredited program leading to a designation in a Purchasing program with the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (P.M.A.C) or the Ontario Public Buyers Association (O.P.B.A.).
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver’s Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must possess strong problem solving and written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Suite of Products, including Word and Excel;
- Must be capable of maintaining good relations with the public and other employees at all times;
- Sound knowledge of purchasing concepts including tendering, supplier negotiations, contract administration and project management;
- Knowledge of FLEET Anywhere and PeopleSoft Purchasing Module considered a definite asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.