Instrument Electrical/Electronic Technologist
JOB POSTING: 2023-0024-Amended
POSTING PERIOD: Wednesday, January 11th, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Pollution Control
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 82
JOB CODE: 82060
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full-Time
GRADE/CLASS: EA4 - Band 11
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $36.06 per hour / $39.78 (Inc. 10% Premium, based on 2023 rates)
SHIFT WORK REQUIRED: No
*PREMIUM: 10% will be added to the hourly base shown while working in this skilled trade*
- Reporting to the Electrical Maintenance Supervisor and under the guidance of the Overall Responsible Operator (Chief Operator) when required or designate, this position will repair and maintain all phases of instrumentation and control systems, both pneumatic and electronic, within Public Works Operations and other facilities.
- Will carry out an integrated program of adjustment, repair, preventive maintenance and modifications where required to the electrical, instrumentation, and power systems of all the electrical facilities and auxiliaries in the plants and pump stations.
- Writes daily logs and reports; initiates purchases and makes emergency purchases.
- Maintains amiable relations with the public and fellow staff.
- Will be required to travel to various off-site Pollution Control locations.
- Will be required to wear all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and be fit tested for SCBA as required to work in a confined space.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have a three (3) year Electrical Engineering Technologist diploma from a community college, and hold a Certificate of Qualification (inclusive of 8140 hours) as an Industrial Electrician (442a) or Construction Maintenance Electrician (309a), or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalencies, and have over two (2) years of general electrical experience plus two (2) years experience in instrumentation;
- Must hold and maintain a current valid and lawful Class ‘G’ Driver’s Licence in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, for the purposes of operating a City of Windsor vehicle and provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be completely familiar with pneumatic, electrical and electronic instrumentation, as is found in heavy industry;
- Must have a thorough knowledge of solid state circuitry, both practical and theoretical;
- Must have a working knowledge of PLC hardware and software, VFDs, instrument calibration and troubleshooting, industrial networks, CCTV systems;
- Must comply with all safety related regulations.
- Experience in emergency generator systems, substation maintenance and transformers to 27,000 volts, would be an asset.
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a medium (could be heavy some days) level of work.
- Must complete a post-offer agility test in an effort to assist the successful candidate in completing the position tasks safely and to aid in minimizing injuries on the job.
- As recommended by the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit, employee is urged to be immunized against Hepatitis A within thirty (30) days of employment in the Pollution Control Branch. As well, up-to-date routine immunizations, including mumps, measles, rubella, tetanus, pertussis, diphtheria, polio and Hepatitis B are recommended. A Typhoid immunization is also suggested.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
- We offer a smoke-free office environment.
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.