Subsidy Claims Clerk
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0055
POSTING PERIOD: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 8:30 AM to Monday, Februry 6, 2023 at 4:30 PM
UNION: C.U.P.E Local 543
JOB CODE: 543217
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $26.37 - $30.98 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Intergovernmental Funding & Human Services Integration, this position will provide accounting and general clerical support for the Financial Planning Division supporting the Departments of Employment & Social Services and Housing & Children’s Services;
- Responsible for completing the monthly Ontario Works Provincial subsidy claim form using information generated from PeopleSoft Financials, Amanda, and the Provincial Social Assistance Database;
- Reconciles provincial and municipal accounting systems to provide audit trails supporting the accuracy and validity of the subsidy claims;
- Monitors claims receivables and record Provincial subsidies received through electronic funds transfers, and prepares journals to apply the revenue to appropriate provincial program;
- Responds to routine telephone inquiries pertaining to subsidy accounts and answers queries from auditors;
- Performs bookkeeping and accounting functions such as completing journal entries, assists with compiling information for year-end accruals of receivables, updating the balance sheet workbook,
- Importing data into Excel spreadsheets and completing special reports as assigned by the supervisor (i.e. maintaining monthly statistics regarding the Ontario Works program);
- Invoices County of Essex monthly and lawyers on an as-needed basis; compiles attendance information;
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program;
- Will perform other related duties as required.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus two (2) years of post-secondary education in Accounting from a Community College or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience working with Computerized Accounting Systems using standard financial products (i.e. general ledger ), account balance reconciliation, journal entries, etc.);
- Must have the ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and expedient manner as required. If method of travel is by vehicle, a current valid and lawful Driver's Licence is required in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act and must provide a driver’s abstract as a condition of employment;
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent mathematical and reasoning skills;
- Must be responsible, self-directed and work well independently and as a member of a team;
- Must be able to demonstrate an advanced level of skill in Excel;
- Previous experience working with Government programs would be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.