Clerk - Leamington
JOB POSTING #: 2023-0124
POSTING PERIOD: Monday, March 27, 2023 at 8:30 a.m. to Friday, March 31, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Employment & Social Services
UNION: C.U.P.E. Local 543
JOB CODE: 543574
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full Time
# OF POSITIONS: 1
RATE OF PAY: $25.39 to $29.90 per hour
SHIFT WORK REQ'D: No.
- Reporting to a Supervisor, this position provides clerical support to the Supervisor and staff relative to daily operations.
- This position will be responsible for conducting third party searches for Caseworkers; maintain office supplies and monitors functionality of equipment and arranges service calls as appropriate; prints statistical reports from SAMS for the Supervisor’s review and analysis, answer the main phone line and directs calls accordingly;
- Prepare assignment forms for reimbursement of funds issued;
- Prepares purchase orders and orders supplies;
- Receives pertinent information, forms and distributes to staff;
- Assists with the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, including interoffice; responsible for general office duties in a highly computerized environment.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health & Safety program.
- Must communicate with the public and fellow staff in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Will perform other related duties as required.
Note: Please be advised that the initial job placement for this posting will be at the Leamington location. However, applicants are reminded that management reserves and retains its rights to transfer employees and change their work assignment location at any time.
- Must have an Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma plus one (1) year of post-secondary education in Office Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Social Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency;
- Must have over six (6) months of experience in a Social Services setting;
- Must be familiar with all facets of the social support services area including related community services;
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Suite of Products;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a light level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.